Since 2009, it has been quite easy for the Norwegians to do this, as the Electronic System for Travel Authorization (ESTA) is in operation between Norway and the United States.
The online program ESTA for the USA for Norwegian citizens has been designed to promote tourism and make travel easier. Before taking a unique opportunity to visit the USA, let’s get acquainted with the main features of North American tourism.
Best Places to Visit in the United States
American national attractions are not only diverse and large but also located in different parts of the country. Both day trips to the U.S. and theme tours, for example, to places known from Westerns, territories of Indians or the largest megacities, are popular here. The most popular US tourist attractions include:
- Statue of Liberty (New York).One of the most famous symbols of the country – the Statue of Liberty – it is located on a small island in the port of New York. The majestic sculpture of a woman with a torch in her hand, outstretched to heaven, became the national personification of the United States and of liberty itself. The crown on her head has seven rays, which means seven continents and seven oceans (according to the western geographical tradition). In her other hand, she holds a plate with the date of adoption of the Declaration of Independence stamped on it.
- The White House (Washington) is a symbol of American democracy. An official residence of U.S. leaders is named after the color of the building itself. This is one of the main attractions in the United States, and every year about one and a half million tourists come to the capital to see the grandeur and beauty of the world-famous building.
- Hollywood Walk of Fame (Los Angeles, California). You can’t get past the famous US landmark – Star Alley. It is a symbol of California and the most visited place in America. The Alley is located in the courtyard of the Grauman’s Theater and is a complex of concrete slabs with copper stars.
- Las Vegas (Nevada) is deservedly considered the largest center of the gambling industry. The city is filled with many casinos and hotels. Endless concerts and light shows don`t let tourists get bored around the clock.
- The Grand Canyon (Arizona) is considered the deepest canyon in the world. In ancient times, Indians of various tribes lived here. At the bottom of the canyon flows the Colorado River. Tourists can arrange unforgettable rafting trips on the river.
New York, Miami, Los Angeles, San Francisco, and other major US cities are places of attraction for tourists from all over the world. It is best to book hotels in these cities in advance.
In addition, you need to keep in mind that Americans themselves are not big fans of spending their holidays and weekends abroad, and most of the best accommodation options are usually booked by the – New Yorkers go to San Francisco, Los Angeles residents – to Miami, and so on.
If you plan to spend an unforgettable Christmas vacation in New York or to relax on the beaches of Miami in January, it is advisable to book accommodation in these cities as early as possible, best from summer.
If you miss this moment, then you have to be content with what remains – and these are, in most cases, the most unpretentious options.
Do I need to ensure my health during the trip?
Insurance for any tourist is a very important and serious matter. Most likely, the visa officer at the embassy will not ask you for it, and the immigration officer at the airport will not be interested in her presence or absence of it.
But, nevertheless, it is necessary to make insurance before traveling to the USA.
Medical services in the USA are incredibly expensive – the largest percentage of personal bankruptcies in America are those who had the misfortune to get sick and then could not pay the bills from the clinics.
So in the United States in no case can you visit without travel insurance, and good insurance, with a decent and reliable insurer company.
What benefits provide ESTA for the USA for Norwegian citizens?
The ESTA system determines if a traveler is eligible to travel to the United States. In other words, the system assesses whether the candidate poses a risk to the national security of the United States.
If you have received ESTA confirmation, you are entitled to use the services of a passenger carrier company to travel to the United States through the Visa Waiver Program. ESTA is valid for 2 years or until the expiration of the passport.
The application can be submitted no later than 72 hours before departure. With valid ESTA approval, you are entitled to stay in the United States for up to 90 days in one visit.
The USA is one of those countries that you can explore throughout your life, visit it again and again and discover new facts each time.
For a comfortable stay in this country, we recommend that you fill out a simple form for applying for ESTA on the website https://applyforesta.com.
By clicking on the link you will also find out a lot of details about the rules for visiting the USA by citizens of Norway.