Temporary Worker Visa to USA

Constructor builder helmet with us flag and blank notepad. Place for copy space. American workers concept.

The Temporary Worker Visa to the United States is an entry permit for all foreign visitors that plan to visit this country for work. However, the period of working is not unlimited. It serves only temporary employment in the US.

There are at least 11 categories of the temporary worker visa to the US. Each one was designed for a different group of workers. Read on to learn all about the temporary work visas for USA, the different types, and how can one complete an application process correctly!

This article provides all the necessary information for all entrepeneurs that are in need of taking a business trip to the USA. Read on the last section of the article to learn more about ESTA and how it differs from the traditional Embassy visas.

Temporary Worker Visa Types

If you’re considering working in the United States temporarily, check what options do you have:

  • H-1B (specialty occupation)
  • H-1B1 (FTA: free trade agreement for Chile and Singapore citizens)
  • H-2A (agricultural workers)
  • H-2B (non-agricultural workers)
  • H-3 (special education or trainee)
  • L (intracompany transferee)
  • O (extraordinary achievements or ability)
  • P-1 (athletes or entertainment groups)
  • P-2 (artists and entertainment)
  • P-3 (cultural exchange program)

The US Department of Homeland Security has introduced the above-described employment authorization types for a fixed period of time. Select the one that best suits your purpose of visit to the United States and apply for any of these work visas.

Requirements for the temporary work visas

The most important document that needs to be prepared for any of the temporary work visas is the petition filed at the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services. Before you start the actual application process, make sure that you have the approved by USCIS petition.

USA Business Visa

All foreign nationals who wish to apply for any of the eleven available work visas for a fixed period of time should prepare the following:

  • a valid passport (that cannot expire for a minimum of 6 months from the planned date of leaving the US)
  • a filled DS-160 form
  • proof of covering the worker visa fees (if you can pay prior to the interview)
  • the applicant’s photo
  • a petition receipt number

Please note! The L-Visa for foreign workers requires attaching an additional I-129S form. Moreover, the consular officer may ask for other documents proving the ties to your home country. You may need to show your economic situation, long-term plans, family relationships, etc.

How to apply for a visa for temporary work in the US?

After collecting the necessary documents, the next step is submitting them to the nearest US Embassy or Consulate. Then, schedule a visa interview and attend it at an appropriate time.

To be able to work in the United States for a limited period of time, you must prove that you plan on going back to your home country later on. Show your ties to the country of origin and confirm that you’ll be staying in the US for a fixed time period.

Please note! Before starting the application process, it’s crucial to file the appropriate petition at USCIS and receive the approved petition and its receipt number.

After attending the interview, you’ll get the decision whether you are or not eligible to enter the United States to undertake short-time employment in the country.

USA Business Visa

Business activities in the USA with ESTA

A nonimmigrant visa is not necessarily needed for entrepreneurs planning on engaging in business activities in the US. If you want to:

  • negotiate a contract
  • look for new cooperation opportunities
  • get on a business trip
  • handle any work matters with your business partners

ESTA (Electronic System for Travel Authorization) allows its holders to travel to the United States numerous times within the 2-year validity period. Each visit can be as long as 90 days (three months).

You can take either a business or tourism-related trip! Whatsmore, ESTA is obtainable 100% online with no visits to the Embassy.

The only document you need is a passport with a minimum validity of 6 months from the planned date of arrival in the US. Grab your travel document and fill the application form within minutes from anywhere you want!

Apply using any working device with an internet connection, even your phone, and receive the approved ESTA at your email address in the form of a PDF file.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *