What is ESTA for the USA for Bruneian citizens?
The country of Brunei, which is known as the Abode of Peace, joined the VWP (Visa Waiver Program) of the United States of America in the year 1993 as the second nation from Asia.
Brunei successfully passed the VWP-eligibility test conducted by the government of the U.S. Citizens of the country adopted the ESTA for the USA for Bruneian citizens naturally while it was introduced in 2009.
Bruneians have enjoyed a smooth immigration procedure since then for visits relating to tourism (including medicinal purposes), business, as well as participating in any non-credit study program.
Although not a visa, the ESTA happens to be a travel document which gives access to the United States for the Bruneians for as many as 90 days. Being valid for a couple of years, a new application for ESTA is required.
The best ways to travel from Brunei to the U.S
- BWN (Brunei International Airport) happens to be the principal airport in the country and every single flight to the United States has to start right from here.
- These are considered to be the most well-known carriers for the initial leg of the journey: Cebu Pacific, AirAsia, Lucky Air, Royal Brunei Airlines, Malaysia Airlines, as well as Singapore Airlines.
- The quickest route in the direction of the United States will be to fly with a stopover which is positioned eastwards. Cathay Pacific will take you through Hong Kong, while Asiana Airlines is going pass through South Korea.
- On the other hand, Singapore Airlines will allow you to fly from Changi Airport (long haul flights). Traveling eastwards is going to be your best solution unless you prefer staying in the stopover destination for some time.
Making an application for ESTA for the USA for Bruneian citizens
The following documents will be required to apply for US ESTA for Bruneian citizens so as to process the application.
- A legitimate e-passport from Brunei
- A valid email address
- Debit or credit card or a different method of payment
The application process is quite easy and straightforward and the nationals of Brunei will be required to fill out an online application form with their personal and travel details.
The following information will be required from the citizens of Brunei:
- Personal information
- Work information
- Contact address
- Travel plans in the US
- Passport information
- Accommodation information
- Criminal background- the citizens of Brunei are advised to apply for the ESTA at least 72 hours beforehand so as to make sure that they are able to stay away from any possible delays and issues with the authorization from the United States DHD (Department of Homeland Security).
Nevertheless, it is important to be aware of the fact that in case the machine-readable passport of Brunei or the ESTA is not valid anymore, the Brunei citizen will be required to review his ESTA prior to traveling.
Before submitting the application, simply verify the ESTA specifications for entering into the United States to see whether you are eligible or not. Following this, you will be allowed to travel to the US hassle-free with only several clicks and a short processing time of under 48 hours.
What can be done in case the ESTA gets rejected?
There can be several factors why a person’s application to ESTA has been denied. Some of these reasons consist of issues with the person’s criminal background as well as the expiry of the passport itself.
If it is so, it will be a sensible idea to go to the nearest US Embassy for obtaining a more comprehensive reason for the rejection.
Otherwise, you can also simply apply for a fresh ESTA for the USA for Bruneian citizens. Apart from the expiry of the passport, they can also be other reasons for the denial including the reason for travel, the length of the traveling, and so on.